Wildland Fire Explorer Post 99; US Forest Service
The Angeles National Forest Explorer Post 99 is is a year round program, with weekly meetings held on Wednesday evenings, it is the only Wildland Fire Employer program in the U.S.The Post focuses on providing careers for young men and women by educating them in fire management and teaching them techniques used in wildland firefighting, investigation, fire science, fire engine operations, hand crews, mop-up, prevention, and much more. Explorer Cadets will become qualified Wildland Firefighter IIs, following National Wildland Coordinating Group (NWCG) training standards.
- Attend and pass the annual Explorer Post Academy
Held in the Spring, over four consecutive weekends.
- Receive National Wildland Coordinating Group (NWCG) certifications to fight wildland fires.
- Must be 16-21
- Attend our weekly, 2.5 hour long, Wednesday meetings
- Pay a $45 Registration fee.
- Have the willingness to learn Wildland Fire strategies and tactics.
Explorer Post 99
12371 N. Little Tujunga Cyn Rd.
San Fernando, Ca. 91342
Phone: 818-899-4516; 818-899-1900, ext. 240
Ask for a Post 99 Advisor
Post 99 website: http://anfpost99.com/