Ventura County Fire Crew
VNC Crew 1-1 & 1-2 are Type 1 hand crews organized and trained by the Ventura County Fire Protection District (VCFPD). There are approximately 20 members, both civilian and sworn seasonal fire control workers. Each crew has a leader and a superintendent. All crew members are trained in the basic use of hand tools such as a pick, Polaski, Mcloed, fire rake, shovel and chain saw.
The crews promote a team concept and work by under a “Committed to excellence…Delivered with pride” motto. Crew members will commit to a 4 day work week, from 0800-1800 hours, with every other weekend off. Time commitment will change if the crew is dispatched to an active fire, as the crew will be released based on incident need.
Crew transportation is provided during daily operations to specific areas to complete designated work assignments, or to emergency incidents, in and out of Ventura County. VCN Fire Crews are part of an available pool of resources, eligible to be dispatched throughout the state of California.
Typical assignments include:
Brush fire suppression
Fuel break construction and maintenance
Fire company assist for All Risk emergency incidents
Facilities maintenance and construction
Manage projects as assigned
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Must complete a; written, oral and physical exam
- Walk 3 miles in 45 minutes or less while
- Carrying a 45lb. pack loaded with sand
- Complete a 4 week training program
- Must complete basic fire course’s; S-130 Firefighter Training, S-190 Intro to Wildland Fire Behavior.
- Fire Technology A.S.Degree
- or actively enrolled in Fire Science courses
Address: Camp 1, 2471 Latigo Way
Oxnard, Ca. 93030
Chad Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dustin Gardner: email@example.com
John Spikerman: firstname.lastname@example.org